Functional Respiratory Imaging (FRI), our breakthrough biomedical imaging technology, significantly enhances the work of pharmaceutical companies and academic research organizations performing early phase clinical trials for the evaluation of novel compounds in the respiratory therapeutic area for the treatment of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and cystic fibrosis. FRI also allows efficient selection of the most personalized therapy for patients with sleep disorders.
Proven FRI benefits include:
- FRI identifies the most promising respiratory drugs in a cost and time-effective way.
- FRI reduces the number of patients in the clinical trial by a factor 3-8 while preserving statistical significance.
- FRI helps identify ineffective therapies sooner (fail fast – fail often).
- FRI speeds up the registration process of compounds in the therapeutic area of respiratory diseases.
- The benefits of FLUIDDA’s proprietary FRI technology have been validated in over 20 clinical trials involving a total of 750 patients performed in collaboration with various academic and medical research centers.
- The trials confirmed the higher sensitivity of our novel FRI approach over that of existing standard diagnostic tests such as spirometry.
These benefits have been documented in the following list of peer-reviewed publications.
FRI reduces clinical trial costs
FRI dramatically reduces the cost of clinical trials. The development cost of a respiratory drug, at $1.6 billion per registered product, is significantly higher than other medications. FRI reduces trial costs in two ways. Its highly sensitive outcome parameters make it possible to reduce the number of subjects required for a well-powered study. And, since FRI uses an approach that integrates both pre-clinical and clinical activities, it helps optimize the expensive translational process.