FLUIDDA is an innovative company that aims to improve patient care and development of medication in the respiratory domain based on medical imaging and computer simulations. Cooperation with universities and medical research centres worldwide resulted in numerous clinical trials in over 1000 patients. Since we are a fast-growing top technology company, we are looking for a Research Engineer to join our team in Belgium.
The research engineer produces specifications for, designs, develops, tests and optimizes the FRI technology. A person in this function performs research on new methodologies needed to address investigative questions. The research engineer combines these with medical science insights and data analysis strategies to come up with an optimal solution for every problem.
- You graduated as Master of Engineering or Industrial Sciences or a have similar degree in the scientific field. Work experience is not required.
- You have experience in coding, data handling and statistics
- You have decent Linux skills and knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, R, Python, Matlab, …)
- You have a hands-on mentality, you work accurately, and you fit in an innovative environment
- You are flexible and a quick learner
- You have a good knowledge of the English language
- Having practical experience in computational fluid dynamics, image processing, scientific toolboxes (Numpy, …) and machine learning is a plus.
- You will keep the FRI technology up-to-date and efficient using the latest developments in the field
- You will take responsibility for the technological aspects of projects from start to finish
- You will assure high quality input and output data and tailor reports towards the investigative questions
- You will interact with the clients, partners and clinical sites
You may expect a job with growth potential in a high-tech biomedical company with highly motivated colleagues. The technology is innovative, and you will be supported by engineers with years of experience in the domain. We offer a competitive salary and supplementary benefits in accordance with your level of education, age and experience.
For further questions, you can contact Nicky Verschoren.