FLUIDDA is an innovative company that aims to improve patient care and development of medication in the respiratory domain based on quantitative CT analysis and computer simulations. FLUIDDA has 15 years of experience in deploying novel qCT endpoints in clinical research in cooperation with drug developers and academic medical centers worldwide involving thousands of subjects. As a fast-growing leader in the field, we are looking for an R&D engineer to join our team.
The R&D Engineer will be part of a team which is tasked with developing novel qCT endpoints to meet scientific, clinical, and industry need. The engineer will be expected to design and research new algorithms, as well as contribute to the analytic validation and numeric optimization of existing algorithms.
The ideal candidate will have training in the field of medical imaging and image processing (with a focus in computed tomography), and a background or strong research interest in quantitative CT, medical image processing, and machine learning/AI. They will be characterized by strong algorithmic thinking, substantial skill in software development, and the ability to work in a team. They will view AI-driven approaches as only one tool in their wider toolkit; candidates should be aware of conventional image processing fundamentals and be able to deploy more basic approaches before turning to AI.
The position is full time and candidates in or near Antwerp, Belgium, are strongly preferred.
• You will research, on your own and with colleagues, the application of image analysis techniques (both conventional and deep learning) to medical images for the extraction and phenotyping of anatomical regions
• Contribute to the development effort by designing new algorithms and numerical optimizing algorithms
• You will perform research to enhance the robustness of Fluidda’s existing AI solutions
• Manage analytic validation and testing of endpoints
• Produce/contribute to scientific publications regarding research
• M.Sc. or PhD in biomedical engineering, physics engineering, computer science, or other field relevant to quantitative CT technology
• Demonstrated research experience in digital image processing and analysis, preferably medical imaging.
• Sufficient mathematical maturity to research, understand, and implement novel and conventional approaches to analysis of tomographical images
• Comfortable working with Linux shell, Python and R. Experience with deep learning toolboxes in Python (Tensorflow, MXNet, PyTorch, …), preferably for semantic segmentation, is a plus.
• Familiarity with scientific toolkits (NumPy, SciPy, similar)
• Excellent written and spoken communication in English
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Hands-on mentality, attention to detail, and comfort in an innovative environment
• Demonstrated ability to conduct self-directed, original research
• Background in lung/respiratory disease or physiology
You may expect a job with growth potential in a high-tech biomedical company with highly motivated colleagues. The technology is innovative and you will be supported by engineers with years of experience in the domain, and you will be encouraged to and provided resources that allow you to spend time on original work We offer a competitive salary and supplementary benefits in accordance with your level of education, age and experience.
Job type: full-time
Please send your applications to:
Categorised in: Careers / August 22, 2022 3:16 pm /